Friday, March 22, 2013

Other: Mayflower Residence Hall, University of Iowa

This post isn't about anything in particular and is mostly just an excuse to post the picture.


It's from 23 December 2012, and is a shot taken from City Park of the University of Iowa's Mayflower Residence Hall. The husband and I were there late at night for . . . I think no good reason? If I'm remembering right, I was just feeling cooped up and restless that night and wanted to go somewhere and do something, so we bought groceries or something, walked around briefly in the park, looked at some Christmas lights people had put up, and went back home. Nothing big. But nice.


5 comments:

Plowing Through Life (Martha) said...

That's a great shot! Sometimes those 'nothing big' moments are the best times.

Lea said...

Very nice!
If that photo was mine, I would want to show it off, too!
Hope you will post a Sheba photo tomorrow.
Have a great day!
Lea
Lea's Menagerie

Ginny Burton said...

Beautiful picture. Did you alter the colors, or did it really look like that?

mr_subjunctive said...

Lea:

In fact, I had already written a post with a Sheba picture tomorrow, so you will get your wish. (It's not, like, a great picture of Sheba. But she's in there.)

Ginny Burton:

A little of both. I had to use the "sunset" setting on the camera (for the long exposure time), and that adds red to everything. Like, some of the light along the base of the building is from car headlights, which I think are "really" more on the blue side.

On the other hand, I didn't do much to manipulate the color of the picture after that: I lightened it and increased the contrast. And some of those lights are, I think, sodium-vapor lights, which are normally yellow-orange, so I couldn't tell you for sure how much of the color came from the camera and how much came from reality.

Julie said...

Neat shot! My father went to school there!!!